The External Affairs Office, a distinctive social action arm of the University, has been set up to create a community of networking services through the active involvement of its alumni, the responsiveness of its community extension services and relations, and the consistency of its linkages and public relations promotion. Vision A sustainable External Affairs Office actualizing the University values of faith, character and service in a continuing involvement in community life and its people. Mission The External Affairs Office commits itself to: a. The promotion of PCU as center for excellence in the academe and the humane services; b. An integrated, relevant and responsive service to the community wherein all PCU constituents are active participants; and c. The active participation of the alumni in the total life of the University, while addressing their continuing professional education and other academic needs. Goal To draw out PCU into a continuous close relationship with the community enabling both to use their resources and to respond relevantly to the realities of the time. Specific Objectives
- To reorganize PCU Alumni to enable them to: 1. use their resources to lend support to the community relation activities of the university; and 2. participate in the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) program of the University.
- To establish sources of funding for its programs.
- To establish a comprehensive extension program that would continuously utilize human and technical resources of the different units of the University.
- To coordinate and integrate the community extension projects of the different units of the university.
- To establish local, regional, and international linkages that would put PCU in the forefront of academic and non-academic tasks.