The Learning Resource Center (LRC) envisions itself as providers of quality and timely information for the promotion and enhancement of the University’s vision, mission and goals.
The LRC supports the institution’s instructional, curricular, research and extension programs through:
- An organized, relevant and fast delivery of information and services;
- Timely and equitable access to the LRC’s resources and services;
- A close and meaningful working relationship with students, faculty, administrators and staff of the University;
- A maximized access to local and global information in cooperation with other libraries
- To continually upgrade the library and all its resources in order to meet the expanding educational programs of the University;
- To identify files and databases relevant to library services for easy and fast access of information;
- To maintain a pool of trained personnel with technical skills and competencies;
- To automate operations and services to keep abreast with current trends in modern Information Technology;
- To develop and implement strategies to promote the use of the library and all other learning resources;
- To link and network with local and international institutions to enhance the resources sharing capabilities of the center.
The Library employs the open-shelf system, wherein books and other library materials are fully accessible to the students. The Library in Manila Campus admits students enrolled in the South Manila Educational Consortium (SMEC) schools – De La Salle University, De La Salle-College of St. Benilde, Philippine Women’s University, Philippine Christian University, University of the Philippines-Manila, St. Scholastica’s College-Manila, St. Paul’s University, Adamson University, Lyceum of the Philippines University, Emilio Aguinaldo College, Philippine Normal University, and Santa Isabel College – provided they are in possession of an SMEC Identification Pass. The PCU students may also avail of the library facilities of other SMEC member schools by requesting for an SMEC referral letter from the University Librarian. Bibliographic access to the book database is available through the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) for easy access to information. Back issues of selected newspapers are also available in microfiche or microfilms. For Manila Campus, the Electronic Data Processing is located in a separate room where encoding of library collections, reproduction of bibliographies and updating of databases are done. The computerization of library materials serves the researcher in the dissemination of information, knowledge, resources, both locally and internationally. The Internet Room is open to all PCU students who may wish to browse or navigate on the World Wide Web.